Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Reflections on Week 1

1.  Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? Access to a computer?  Mobile/smart phone?  Transportation?  Friends/family? Schedule?

The whole online aspect of this class is most likely going to be a struggle for me just because I usually never go on the computer since it is usually occupied by one of my family members.  Another struggle I might have is time, I have to go to the athletic trainer everyday, go to volleyball practice, chauffeur my little sister around, and also do homework for my other classes.  I have access to the blog on my iPhone but I can't really do an assignment on it because I hate typing on touch screens due to my fat thumbs, typos and autocorrect failures are a constant struggle for me.

   2.  Think of an awesome best ever learning experience that changed you. What did you learn? Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or remember, or think?) How did you know what was happening?

A learning experience that really helped me become a better student is one that I learned from Mrs. DeBernardi, she taught us to figure things out for ourselves and be responsible for important things.  I was thrown into her class freshman year much like a young child that doesn't know how to swim, she made me figure out how to do my work and how to do it well and I was in charge of doing things myself.  She gave me a wake up call to what the real world is like.

3.  What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?

I'm most concerned about falling behind in this class, I like to feel stable and in control of situations and figuring out how to handle a new class is a struggle.  Although I hope to be able to work things out and become a better critical reader and improve my writing.  Learning how to do things on the computer will definitely help me later in life which I need due to my lack of any knowledge related to computers.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment