Friday, October 25, 2013

What I Think About When I Think About Act 3

After I finished reading Act 3 I was a little confused by all the action so I went and watched the David Tennat/Patrick Stewart version of Act 3 which helped me get a better handle on things.  Hamlet is running around, crazy as ever trying to decide how, when, and why he should kill Claudius, often questioning his decisions out loud to himself. Hamlet begins to tell his mother about what's been on his mind and how he thinks it's wrong of her to have such an intimate relationship with her late husband's brother, Gertrude tries to calm Hamlet down, but is not successful because Hamlet ends up killing Polonius.  Hamlet is so overwhelmed by all his different emotions that he seems to show no remorse for killing Polonius and drags his lifeless body away like it's nothing. Hamlet's mother is very distressed and confides in Claudius and soon Hamlet becomes a prisoner of his own kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment