Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hacking My Education

1.) What do I want to learn?
-I'd like to take time this semester to read more into history, past what we are taught in class.  I would like to one day be a US History teacher and want to keep my interest in the subject by supplementing myself with more and more knowledge on the subject.  This semester I also want to learn the ins and outs of the maintenance of the athletic programs in schools, by working in the Athletic Training room after school and keeping the scorebook for the Varsity Baseball team.  In college I hope to be able to be a part of a team or sports organization, working behind the scenes whether its in scorekeeping or management.  These skills I will learn will help me in the long run because as a teacher I'd also like to take on the role of coach, because I know how important a good high school sports experience can be to someone.

2.) Skills
This semester I'd like to work on making my blog a little more personal, originally I used the blog specifically for posting my work with no frills or additional posts.  Now that I've become a little more blog savvy I will add more features and start posting things that are important to me, not just our assignments.

3.) What experiences do I want to have?
-I want to have fun this semester, not in a let's go crazy forget about school way, but in a way where I focus on the things important to me and forget about the things that aren't.  I want to do something that will make an interesting story to tell my kids and my grandkids one day.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas! What if you focused on the American titles in the AP reading list and researched their authors/cultural context?

    ReplyDelete