Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Poetic Inquiry

I wasn't too fond of the Big Question I chose at the beginning of the year, I didn't put a lot of thought into it so my sonnet does not relate to it.  Instead I searched sonnets on google and picked one that I liked.

Beauty



Beauty is liberal as the heavenly air,
Beauty is boundless as the universe:
The waves of evil ponderously immerse
The pearl of good; beauty is everywhere.
Beauty is a devout a deep despair;
Hopes that with heaven's highest stars converse:
The poisonous blossom of a devil's curse;
The first and last word of an angel's prayer.
Creation and destruction at thy beck
Call love and lust: throiugh battle's bloody swarm
That youth with smiling face sees but thy form:
And, 'mid the shrieks of the fast sinking wreck,
A poet, standing on the wave-washed deck,
Stares awe-struck at the beauty of the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment